St Thomas Private School - Where young minds grow
The mission of the school is to provide quality and affordable education to the children in and around King William’s Town where they receive individual attention due to the low learner-educator ratio. St. Thomas Private School will be an inviting place where all individuals work harmoniously to achieve excellence in education in a safe and healthy environment. It will promote continued growth of learners and staff as life-long learners while upholding and appreciating the changing South African society. With the support of the stakeholders, the learners will be able to develop their spiritual, intellectual, physical, and social potentials. The school environment will nurture a sense of self-worth, self-discipline, understanding of the rights of fellow human beings and interdependence between various communities.
To develop St. Thomas Private School in to an educational institution of excellence where:
- A safe and secure environment is provided, where everyone has the right to learn, have fun and is given opportunities to make choices.
- Each person is given the opportunity to develop a positive self-image and challenged to reach his/her full potential academically, socially and spiritually.
- Christian beliefs, values and traditions are fostered and nurtured within the context of a multi-faith Community.
- Respect for and dignity of the individual is recognised and fostered.
- Parents, children, teachers and the wider community are welcomed and valued as team members.
- Excellence of education is available to all within the school community